Every year, tens of thousands of shootings happen across the US, many of which most Americans don’t hear about.
Some shootings, like the tragedy in Lewiston, Maine, attract a ton of national media attention, while others like the quadruple homicide in WIlloughby, Ohio, do not.1
Despite being the leading cause of death for children in the US, there’s no single federal agency that keeps track of the nation’s gun violence. This fragmented data landscape is not a mere oversight; it's a calculated outcome of years of lobbying by groups like the National Rifle Association, which have hindered federal agencies like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from conducting comprehensive gun violence studies.2
Whatever information the CDC gathers takes six months or longer to analyze because its data collection systems aren’t equipped to track injuries.The result is a piecemeal and delayed understanding of a rampant problem.
Filling this critical gap, the Gun Violence Archive (GVA) has become an indispensable resource as the sole record of near-real-time data on shootings. The website’s data can be categorized based on deaths or injuries, victim age, mass shootings, geographic location and even the shooter's intent. As a result, it has become the go-to source on shootings for the media, academics, and politicians.
Prior to the GVA, data on gun violence was so patchy that politicians and organizations on both sides could quote any statistic that helped further their agenda, with nothing to compare it to.
President Joe Biden has made strides in US gun reform, including signing into law the first significant Congress-approved gun reform bill in almost 30 years. Biden also recently established a new office for gun violence prevention at the White House.3
Of course, with 72,000 shootings so far in 2023, more drastic measures need to be taken. Several initiatives are being brought forward to combat the ongoing rise in gun violence, with new technologies playing a key role. Leading public safety technology company Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP) aims to address the escalating issue and help make America safe again through a hyper-targeted approach.
Renowned for its autonomous security robots (ASRs) and blue light emergency communication systems, Knightscope's reach across the US has been steadily expanding, aiming to safeguard diverse environments, from schools to corporate campuses.
Combating Gun Violence with Real-Time Gunshot Detection
On November 29, Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP) took a significant leap forward in the fight against gun violence by launching its real-time, automated gunshot detection (AGD) systems, suitable for both indoor and outdoor settings. This system, offering flexible installation options including solar power or light pole kits, integrates seamlessly into existing or new K1 Blue Light Towers.
Knightscope's AGD system is engineered for precision, accurately identifying the location of gunshots in both horizontal and vertical dimensions. This precision is vital for directing prompt and effective police and security responses during active shooter scenarios, potentially saving lives and enhancing emergency preparedness.
The system's ability to quickly send notifications (within two seconds) upon detecting a gunshot, while minimizing false alarms, marks a significant advancement in security technology. Knightscope's approach signifies a shift towards localized, immediate response strategies over broader, city-wide systems, underlining the critical need for precise and effective security solutions in spaces where people frequent.
Knightscope's latest innovation in AGD systems represents a proactive and technologically sophisticated response to the ongoing challenge of gun violence in the US, aligning with broader efforts to improve public safety and emergency response.
For further information on Knightscope's innovative solutions and projects, please visit Knightscope's website (NASDAQ:KSCP).
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Knightscope, Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Knightscope, Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) two hundred and sixty-six thousand USD for 89 days (63 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Knightscope, Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Knightscope, Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Knightscope, Inc. intends to offer; (e) Knightscope, Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Knightscope, Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Knightscope, Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Knightscope, Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Knightscope, Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Knightscope, Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Knightscope, Inc.’s business operations (e) Knightscope, Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.Except as required by law, Knightscope, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/unmasking-americas-overlooked-gun-violence-epidemic-166488325