MENLO PARK, Calif., June 12, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Robinhood Markets, Inc. (“Robinhood”) (NASDAQ: HOOD) today reported selected monthly operating data for May 2023:
- Net Cumulative Funded Accounts (NCFA) at the end of May were 23.1 million, up approximately 20 thousand from April 2023(1). While customers placing trades increased in May from April 2023, Monthly Active Users (MAU) declined to 10.6 million in May, down approximately 900 thousand from April 2023.
- Assets Under Custody (AUC) at the end of May were $81.8 billion, up 6% from April 2023. Net Deposits were $1.6 billion in May, translating to a 25% annualized growth rate relative to April 2023 AUC. Over the last twelve months, Net Deposits were $16.5 billion, translating to an annual growth rate of 22% relative to May 2022 AUC.
- Trading Volumes in May were higher for equities and options and lower for crypto compared to April 2023. Equity Notional Trading Volumes were $49.4 billion (up 27%). Options Contracts Traded were 97.5 million (up 29%). Crypto Notional Trading Volumes were $2.1 billion (down 43%).
- Margin Balances at the end of May were $3.1 billion, in line with April 2023.
- Cash Sweep Balances at the end of May were $11.2 billion, up $1.6 billion (16%) from the end of April 2023.
|May 2023||April 2023||Change M/M||May 2022||Change Y/Y|
|(M - in millions, B - in billions)|
|User Growth (M)|
|Net Cumulative Funded Accounts (NCFA)||23.1||23.1||0%||22.8||1%|
|Monthly Active Users (MAU)||10.6||11.5||-8%||14.6||-28%|
|Assets Under Custody (AUC) ($B)|
|Trading Days (equities and options)||22||19||16%||21||5%|
|Total Trading Volumes|
|Options contracts (M)||97.5||75.3||29%||71.9||36%|
|Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) (M)|
|Customer Margin and Cash Sweep Balances ($B)|
|Gold Cash Sweep||$10.4||$8.8||18%||$0.0||NA|
|Non-Gold Cash Sweep||$0.8||$0.8||1%||$2.3||-63%|
(1) Net Cumulative Funded Accounts (NCFAs) only includes unique users and does not reflect existing customers opening multiple accounts.
For definitions and additional information regarding these metrics, please refer to Robinhood’s full monthly metrics update, which is available on investors.robinhood.com.
The information in this release is unaudited and the information for the months in the most recent fiscal quarter is preliminary, based on Robinhood’s estimates, and subject to completion of financial closing procedures. Final results for the most recent fiscal quarter, as reported in Robinhood’s quarterly and annual filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), might vary from the information in this release.
Robinhood Markets is on a mission to democratize finance for all. With Robinhood, people can invest with no account minimums through Robinhood Financial LLC, buy and sell crypto through Robinhood Crypto, LLC, spend, save, and earn rewards through Robinhood Money, LLC, and learn about investing through easy-to understand educational content.
Robinhood uses the “Overview” tab of its Investor Relations website (accessible at investors.robinhood.com/overview) and its blog, Under the Hood (accessible at blog.robinhood.com), as means of disclosing information to the public for purposes of the SEC’s Regulation Fair Disclosure (Reg. FD). Investors should routinely monitor those web pages, in addition to Robinhood’s press releases, SEC filings, and public conference calls and webcasts, as information posted on them could be deemed to be material information.
"Robinhood" and the Robinhood feather logo are registered trademarks of Robinhood Markets, Inc.