The leader in jeans debuts an exclusive collaboration with the Prime Video hit show, The Summer I Turned Pretty, ahead of the Season Two premiere
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) kicks off today the American Eagle (AE) back-to-school season with the brand’s latest campaign, featuring the stars of the Prime Video hit series The Summer I Turned Pretty, Christopher Briney, Gavin Casalegno and Lola Tung. The brand also debuts the AE + The Summer I Turned Pretty collection, available in stores and online today. Fans can shop The Summer I Turned Pretty collection on Amazon.com/shopthesummeriturnedpretty and directly from Season Two episodes via Prime Video’s X-Ray feature.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230627591259/en/
American Eagle 2023 Campaign featuring Christopher Briney, Lola Tung & Gavin Casalegno (Photo: Business Wire)
The real life friends and castmates showcase the versatility of AE’s seasonal assortment, which highlights the notion that AE can take you anywhere you want to go – and that wherever you may find yourself is the best place to be.
“American Eagle has been a favorite back-to-school destination for decades,” said Jennifer Foyle, President & Executive Creative Director – AE and Aerie. “This year we are very excited to deliver a collection inspired by the laid back spirit and carefree vibes of The Summer I Turned Pretty and the unmistakable style of the cast. AE continues to be at the forefront of youth culture, so we are thrilled to announce a Prime Video collaboration that offers a new, unique shopping experience, allowing us to connect with our customers’ diverse interests and lifestyles.”
AE + The Summer I Turned Pretty Collection: Inspired by the summer feels of Cousins Beach.
- For him, Trekker and Cargo Shorts, Swim Trunk, Pocket Boxer, Poolside Shirt and Graphic Tee.
- For her, Floral Flare Jeans and Baby Tee, Crochet Crop Top, and a Mini.
“Summer fashion plays such a big role in The Summer I Turned Pretty and we couldn’t be more excited to collaborate with American Eagle to create a collection inspired by the show,” said Jamie Kampel, Head of Licensing and Merchandising at Amazon Studios. “The brand alignment here is spot on and we know fans of the show love AE.”
Seasonal Collection Newness: Everything necessary for a life on the go.
- For him, Lived In Cargo, Relaxed Straight Jean, Lived In Khaki Short, Lived in Cargo Short, The Everyday Shirt, Button Through Polo, and Super Soft Legend Tee.
- And for her, Jean Shorts, Denim Maxi Skirt, Baggy Wide Leg Jean, Denim Tube Top, Lace Trim Cami, and Seamless Cropped Tee.
The brand’s latest campaign can be seen on ae.com, in-stores and across owned social including Instagram and TikTok. Additionally, Briney, Casalegno and Tung will showcase the seasonal assortment on their social channels, along with their must-haves from the AE + The Summer I Turned Pretty Collection.
The cast mates will go live on the @americaneagle TikTok handle on Wednesday, June 28 at 5:00 PM EST to show how they will be styling the new AE collection with their favorite #AEJeans for the season ahead.
About American Eagle
Since 1977, American Eagle has offered an assortment of specialty apparel and accessories for everyone that enables self-expression and empowers our customers to celebrate their individuality. The brand has broadened its leadership in jeans by producing innovative fabric with options for all styles and fits for all at a value. We aren’t just passionate about making great clothing, we’re passionate about making real connections with the people who wear them. Visit www.ae.com to find your perfect pair of #AEJeans.
About American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle® and Aerie® brands. Our purpose is to show the world that there’s REAL power in the optimism of youth. The company operates stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong and Japan, and ships to approximately 80 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle and Aerie merchandise also is available at more than 260 international locations operated by licensees in approximately 30 countries. In 2022, AEO released its first annual Building a Better World report, which outlines two decades of ESG achievements through the company’s Planet, People and Practices initiatives. For more information, please visit www.aeo-inc.com.
About The Summer I Turned Pretty Season Two
Belly used to count down the days until she could return to Cousins Beach, but with Conrad and Jeremiah fighting over her heart and the return of Susannah's cancer, she's not sure summer will ever be the same. When an unexpected visitor threatens the future of Susannah's beloved house, Belly has to rally the gang to come together—and to decide once and for all where her heart lies.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy winners The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits AIR, The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power, Citadel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Creed III, Shotgun Wedding, Samaritan, Thirteen Lives, Being the Ricardos, The Tomorrow War, Reacher, and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like Max, discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, MGM+, ViX+, PBS KIDS, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of the savings, convenience, and entertainment benefits included in a Prime membership. More than 200 million Prime members in 25 countries around the world enjoy access to Amazon’s enormous selection, exceptional value, and fast delivery. In the U.S., anyone can join Prime for $14.99 per month or $139 per year, or start a free 30-day trial if eligible at amazon.com/prime. For more information about Prime, including discounted memberships, visit aboutamazon.com/prime.